Colleton County Fire-Rescue

02/25/2019

25/February/2019 Structure Fire A Shift

Incident # 19-01273 A resident at 409 Fleming Rd suffered moderate damage from a fire Monday evening 25-February at 22:48. The occupant noticed smoke inside the home and located a fire in the bathroom. She used several liquids in the home to dowse the flames and contacted 9-1-1. Engine 19 arrived minutes later to find light smoke coming from all sides of the singlewide mobile home. The homeowner directed Firefighter-Paramedics to the rest room where she found the fire earlier. Crews using a thermal imaging camera found a high degree of heat above the ceiling and pulled the sheetrock panels down. Several rafters were still smoldering. An 1-3/4 handline was used to cool the smoldering wood joists and extinguish the remaining fire. The home suffered light smoke damage. Investigators determined the fire originated from a candle in the bathroom. No one was injured during the incident and the fire did not extend from the bathroom.

Engine 9, Engine 19, Tender 5, Tender 9, Tender 19, Tender 27, Battalion 1 and Car 118 responded. Captain Roger Johnston served as Incident Commander.   

Photos by Harold Buzzell

 
 
   
   
   

BACK TO HOME