Colleton County Fire-Rescue

07/18/2019

18/July/2019 Structure Fire C Shift

Incident # 19-04945 An early morning fire destroyed a singlewide mobile home located at 80 Red Oak Road north of Cottageville at 02:28 Thursday morning 18-July. A passerby noticed the fire and called 9-1-1. Engine 9 arrived to find the residential dwelling fully involved. The home had been burning unnoticed for some time and the roof along with most of the floor had already burned away. Crews used a deck gun to knock down most of the remaining fire, then deployed two handlines to finish extinguishing the blaze. Crews had the fire under control within 20 minutes, but were on the scene for four hours performing overhaul. The fire appears to have started near the center of the residence and originated from burning scented candles that had been left burning earlier in the day, according to the homeowner. A nearby garage was saved, but suffered minor thermal damage.  Water supply was handled by Tenders. No injuries were reported and no one was at home when the fire occurred.  

Engine 9, Engine 34, Tender 9, Tender 19, Tender 34, Medic 9, Medic 19, Battalion 1, Car 107 and Car 112 responded. Firefighter/Flight-Paramedic Michael Duffy served as Incident Commander.

 
 
   
   
   

BACK TO HOME