Colleton County Fire-Rescue
26/December/2019 – Kitchen Fire – “C” Shift
Incident # 19-08980 – A Cottageville home was saved Thursday evening 26-December after a grease fire spread to the kitchen cabinets. Station 9 units arrived minutes after the dispatch and found light smoke conditions coming from the singlewide mobile home. Crews entered the building and found a fire on the stove which had spread to the cabinets. Firefighter-Paramedics used a dry powder extinguisher to douse the flames and contained the damage to the area of the kitchen. The home suffered light smoke damage but most personal items were saved. The fire was quickly contained so other responding units were cancelled. No one was injured during the incident.
Engine 9, Tender 9, Tender 19, Tender 36, Battalion 1, Car 112 and Car 118 responded. Firefighter-EMT Dale Kizer served as Incident Commander.
Photos by Harold Buzzell.
BACK TO HOME