Colleton County Fire-Rescue
27/January/2020 – Structure Fire – “A” Shift
Incident # 20-00580 – A family of four was displaced following a fire that heavily damaged their home at 63 Conway Street Monday morning 27-January at 01:12. Firefighter-Paramedics arrived within minutes and found flames coming from the windows on one end of the doublewide mobile home and from the roof. The two adults and two children in the home were accounted for and did not report any injuries. Crews deployed two hand lines from Engine 26 and quickly knocked down the fire which was contained to the area of the kitchen just off of the front door. Firefighters worked for another hour performing overhaul. The remainder of the home received heat and smoke damage, but many personal items were saved. The roof over the kitchen was burned was burned away. The occupant advised they were cooking with grease when the fire occurred. They immediately got the children out of the house and notified 9-1-1. Fire units were on the scene for 2-1/2 hours. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Engine 19, Engine 26, Tender 1, Tender 19, Tender 26, Tender 27, Medic 19, Medic 26, Battalion 1, Car 112 and Car 118 responded. Battalion Chief Scott O’Quinn served as Incident Commander.
Photos by Harold Buzzell
BACK TO HOME