Colleton County Fire-Rescue
22/June/2020 – Structure Fire – “A” Shif t
Incident # 20-04109 – A Walterboro family was displaced following an early morning fire in their mobile home at 212 Chestnut Road Monday morning 22-June. At 01:19, 9-1-1 received a report of a home being on fire at this location. Engine 19 arrived several minutes later to find heavily smoke conditions and flames coming from the windows on the front of the singlewide mobile home. All of the occupants were able to safely exit the structure prior to the arrival of Fire-Rescue. Firefighter-Paramedics deployed a single 1-3/4 handline and entered the structure through the front door. They quickly knocked down the flames within a few minutes, containing most of the damage to the center of the mobile home. The bedrooms on each end of the structure were saved, but the contents suffered heat, smoke and water damage. The family lost most of the their belongings. Firefighter-Paramedics treated one of the occupants at the scene, but she denied transport to the hospital. The fire is believed to have started after curtains were ignited by a candle on a table near the front window. The fire spread to an adjacent sofa which then spread to the remainder of the room. Units were on the scene for two hours.
Engine 19, Engine 26, Tender 1, Tender 9, Tender 19, Tender 26, Medic 9, Medic 19, Battalion 1 and Car 112 responded. Battalion Chief Brent Dalton served as Incident Commander.
|Photos by Harold Buzzell|
BACK TO HOME