Colleton County Fire-Rescue
24/November/2021 - Structure Fire - "C" Shift
Incident # 21-08429 - Firefighter-Paramedics extinguished a fire in the kitchen of a residence in the 100 block of Franklin Street, Wednesday afternoon 24-November at 13:00. The fire was isolated to the area of the stove and contained to the kitchen, however the home suffered smoke damage. Engine 19 arrived to find light smoke coming from the single story residential structure. The family was able to safely exit the building. Crews deployed one 1-3/4 handline to the building and entered through the front door. They used a 20 lb. ABC extinguisher to douse the flames. The fire did not extend beyond the kitchen. Firefighters used a PPV fan to remove smoke from the home. The fire was caused by cooking. No injuries were reported.
Engine 1, Engine 19, Tender 1, Tender 27, Tender 19, Medic 6, Medic 19, Car 105, Car 112 and Car 117 responded. Deputy Chief David Greene served as Incident Commander.
BACK TO HOME