Colleton County Fire-Rescue

08/05/2012

05/August/2012 Structure Fire A Shift

Incident # 12-04287 A small fire in a utility room was quickly extinguished Sunday evening 05-August. The incident was reported at 21:46 advising of a fire in the laundry room of a home located at 593 Woodmeadow Drive. Engine 19 arrived to find smoke coming from the singlewide mobile home. Firefighters entered the building through the front door finding the fire in the small room off of the kitchen. The fire started behind the dryer, spreading to the wall causing minor damage to the wall. Crews deployed one 1-3/4 handline, removed the appliances and wall covering to reach the charred area. Firefighters used thermal imagers to determine there was no flame extension under the home, in the void space above the ceiling or in any of the adjacent rooms. A PPV fan was used to rid the home of smoke. No one was injured during the incident. Units were on the scene for 45 minutes.

Engine 19, Engine 26, Tender 1, Tender 9, Tender 19, Medic 19, Battalion 1, Car 12 and Car 118 responded. Battalion Chief Scott Feather served as Incident Commander using the new Scott SEMS.

BACK TO HOME