Colleton County Fire-Rescue
25/January/2014 – Structure Fire – “A” Shift
Incident # 14-00476 – Firefighters saved a home Saturday morning 25-Janaury at 3416 Sidneys Road. The fire was reported at 06:48 when the occupants discovered fire in an exterior wall and smoke in the home. Engine 19 arrived four minutes later to find fire venting from the eaves on the “B” side of the single story residential structure. Crews quickly deployed one 1-3/4 handline and knocked down the flames. They entered the building and pulled the ceiling in the living room to reach the flames in the attic. Most of the fire was contained to the attic area. Firefighters were on the scene for two and half hours removing the covering on an exterior wall and most of the ceiling over the living room and kitchen. An adult male and children escaped without injury. The fire appeared to have started in electrical wiring in the attic, which ran along the exterior wall. Most of the personal belongings were saved and much of the interior of the home suffered only minor damage. The living room and kitchen suffered from falling debris and water damage. A portion of the attic suffered heavy damage. Temperatures were in the teens causing water used to fight the fire to freeze on the building and firefighters.
Engine 19, Engine 27, Tender 1, Tender 19, Tender 26, Tender 27, Medic 19, Battalion 1 and Car 12 responded. Firefighter-EMT Shane Weber served as Incident Commander.
BACK TO HOME