Colleton County Fire-Rescue
02/May/2014 – Structure Fire – “C” shift
Incident # 14-02727 – A Springtown man escaped a house fire uninjured Friday evening at 9383 Augusta Highway. At 23:00, Fire-Rescue was sent to the area by callers advising the home was on fire and endangering other nearby homes. Engine 17 stationed in Springtown arrived to find the singe wide mobile home approximately 80% involved. The roof and walls on the east side of the of the building had already collapsed. Firefighters deployed three handlines and quickly brought the fire under control. The occupant advised he had no power or telephone. He stated that a candle he was using for light fell over onto his blanket starting the fire. He had to get a neighbor to call 9-1-1. Rev. Zane Brown of Nova Church and the Red Cross are assisting the man.
Engine 17, Engine 26, Tender 5, Tender 17, Tender 19, Tender 26, Medic 26, Battalion 1 and Car 12 responded. Battalion Chief Ben Heape and Firefighter-EMT Brian Bishop operated the Command Post.
BACK TO HOME