Colleton County Fire-Rescue
13/June/2021 - Structure Fire - "A" Shift
Incident # 21-04115 - Fire-Rescue responded to a structure fire in the 500 block of Bonnie Doone Road Sunday evening 13-June at 19:40. An off-duty firefighter was driving past the home when the incident was dispatched. He reported smoke coming from the double wide mobile home and fire in the utility room. He and the homeowner used buckets of water to douse the flames, extinguishing the fire and containing it to the utility room. Engine 19 arrived about 7 minutes later. Firefighters removed smoldering debris from the clothes dryer and performed overhaul in the room of origin. A PPV fan was used to remove smoke from the residence. Units were on the scene for an hour. The utility room received moderate damage, but the remainder of the home had only light smoke damage. The fire appeared to have originated in the dryer. No injuries were reported.
Engine 2, Engine 19, Tender 2, Tender 6, Tender 19, Tender 22, Tender 27, Medic 6, Medic 19, Battalion 1, Car 112 and Car 118 responded. Captain Alex Koontz served as Incident Commander.
BACK TO HOME