Colleton County Fire-Rescue
11/January/2022 - Structure Fire - "C" Shift
Incident # 22-00285 - A quick acting neighbor saved a Sloan Circle mobile home Tuesday 11-January at 12:07.The female resident was asleep when she was awakened by smoke in the residence. She ran outside screaming for help. A neighbor was next door working on a vehicle and ran to the single wide mobile home. Flames were coming out of the windows on the front of the building. As another man called 9-1-1, he grabbed a garden hose and sprayed water on the fire. As some of the smoke cleared, he entered the front door and directed water on the fire at the front wall, behind the refrigerator. Fire-Rescue units arrived a short time later to find light smoke coming from the mobile home. Firefighter-Paramedics entered the building to find the front wall and the refrigerator smoldering. They used one handline to knock down the remaining fire in the wall and performed overhaul. The fire damaged the front wall and window, as well as a portion of the kitchen. The remainder of the mobile home suffered smoke damage, but almost all of the personal belongings were saved. The fire started from an overloaded electrical outlet. The female occupant was not injured.
Engine 1, Engine 26, Tender 1, Tender 18, Tender 19, Tender 26, Medic 1, Medic 26, Battalion 1, Car 112 and Car 119 responded. Battalion Chief Joey Campbell served as Incident Commander.
BACK TO HOME